|~ About your Body ~
- Menopause Online
- Alternative Medicine abstracts
What Your Doctor May Not Tell Your About Menopause
Not Tell Your About Menopause ~ breakthrough book by Dr. John Lee
about Natural Progesterone therapy. Women have traditionally used estrogen supplements to protect against osteoporosis and heart disease, but women who use estrogen for more than five years have a 46% higher risk of breast cancer than women who don't use it. Natural progesterone creams can actually rebuild bone tissue without the side effects of estrogen. Natural progesterone, the same hormone produced by a woman's ovary, is made from naturally occurring plant steroids found in wild yam and other natural sources. It is NOT the synthetic version that is commonly purchased as tablets with a prescription (such as Provera), which can produce severe side effects including increased risk of cancer, abnormal menstrual flow, fluid retention, nausea, and depression.
- Gano Excel
- What if you could heal your body by drinking coffee or hot
chocolate?! Used for centuries, reishi is a medicinal
mushroom once reserved for only the emperors of China. Gano Excel
grows the red reishi mushroom (ganoderma lucidum) on organic
farms in Malaysia and offers it in a variety of products: delicious drinks -
coffee, hot chocolate, rooibus tea... or in capsules for more intensive
healing needs. It is proving effective to relieve a wide variety of healing needs... things as varied as
autism and gout!
- The Gerson Institute ~ nutrition-based and detoxifying medical treatment for cancer, heart disease, diabetes and other chronic, degenerative diseases
- Hallelujah Acres ~ Rev. George Malkmus outlines the Hallelujah Diet for healing cancer and other degenerative diseases. Lots of information on the site, freely available. They sell books about their program and Barleygreen. Their free email newsletter contains tips and recipes: to subscribe, send an e-mail to email@example.com and the software will automatically sign you up!
Hallelujah Acres and Gerson both focus on eating raw foods and taking
Barleygreen. Some ten years ago, a personal friend of ours, J.P. from Pittsburg, had lung cancer. He'd had one lung removed and then cancer was discovered in the other lung... they wanted to do more chemo and they gave him about 6 months to live. He chose instead to do the Gerson method, and ten years later, he's still here and healthy (tho' with only one lung he has to be careful about allergens and air pollution). This dietary program is rigorous, but it worked for him, and he's a real person that we know. (Call me a skeptic, but I always wonder if those testimonials are real or not!) Important! - these methods don't always work for everyone! Explore ALL your options, including traditional medical methods!
- Dr. Day ~ This M.D. cured herself of cancer with diet. Impressive pictures of her tumor. Lorraine Day, M.D., says, "I refused mutilating surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, the treatment methods ALL physicians are taught, and got well by using God's natural remedies instead. I'll tell you exactly how I did it!" Her videos for sale tell:
- Why what you put in your mouth determines whether you're sick or well.
- Why you may think you're sick - but you're really thirsty.
- How this plan has been used successfully by many patients with different types of life-threatening diseases
- Reiki homepage ~ a method of natural healing based on the application of Universal Life Force Energy (the name literally means Universal Life Force Energy)
- Hydrazine Sulfate ~ Fighting the Energy Drain of Cancer. People die from the energy loss, malnutrition, weakness, and wasting away that cancer causes. This wasting, called cachexia, is accompanied by weight loss, muscle and tissue breakdown, and debilitation, and is associated with opportunistic infections and organ failure. Cachexia results from abnormal metabolism. Unlike healthy cells, which use oxygen to extract energy from glucose and produce CO2 and water as byproducts, most cancer cells have a different method of breaking down glucose for energy. An end product of cancer cells' energy cycle, which takes place in the absence of oxygen, is copious amounts of lactic acid, which enters the bloodstream, is taken up by the liver and kidneys, and -- with the expenditure of a great deal of energy -- is converted back into glucose. The glucose then returns to the cancer cells, which use it for energy and produce more lactic acid, perpetuating the energy drain cycle. Because cancer cells require 10 to 15 times more glucose than normal cells, insufficient glucose is left for the energy needs of normal cells, and they essentially starve. Hydrazine sulfate, an inexpensive chemical, blocks an enzyme necessary for the conversion of lactic acid back into glucose. A different concept in cancer treatment, the tumor is not being attacked, it's just being deprived of energy. Hydrazine sulfate has been used by thousands of desperate cancer patients over the past 25 years with remarkable results. Although it has in some cases caused complete remission of cancer, hydrazine sulfate is primarily an anti-cachexia drug. Studies demonstrated improvements in appetite, weight gain, maintenance of albumin, energy levels, quality of life and, in terminal patients, survival time. It also appears to relieve the side effects of chemotherapy, and especially radiation therapy.
- Dr. Whitaker ~ Alternative M.D. with lots of diverse information and some of the articles from his Health & Healing monthly Wellness newsletter
- The Scourge of Prozac ~ The Reason Behind the Madness. Virtually all of the gun-related massacres in the headlines over the last decade have had one thing in common: the perpetrators were taking Prozac, Zoloft, Luvox, Paxil or a related antidepressant drug.
Talking Back to Prozac ~ What Doctors Won't Tell You About Today's Most Controversial Drug. This book tells the truth behind the testing of prozac and its potentially frightening side effects. Find out what Prozac's label doesn't say; the panic and anxiety Prozac can cause--not cure; what Prozac has in common with cocaine and amphetamines; cases of sexual dysfunction from Prozac, particularly in men; and much more. $5.59 from
Your Drug May Be Your Problem ~ The book lists the adverse medical reactions, plus additional personal, psychological, and philosophical reasons for limiting or rejecting psychiatric drugs. About half the book covers withdrawing from your drug--how to do it carefully and slowly, what to expect, and how to get help--with specifics for certain drugs and a chapter on easing your child off them as well.
$16.80 from Amazon.com
- Dr. Tracy's International Coalition for Drug Awareness at drugawareness.org
- Prozac Survivors Support Group at pssg.org
- Take the Duke Stress Test
- RxList - The Internet Drug Index gives lots of information about prescription drugs.
- Achoo ~ Internet Healthcare Directory
- The Virtual Dentist answers your questions, from root canals to the Tooth Fairy
- A useful site on Communicable Diseases
- Healthy Ideas from Prevention magazine
- Wellspring Media ~ tools for a vibrant mind, body, and spirit. Online wellness newsletter; The Wellspring Collection offers a variety of videos, books, audiotapes and interesting merchandise.
- Dr. Atkins ~ medical and nutritional philosophies and practices of Robert C. Atkins, M.D., bestselling author, creator of
The Atkins Diet and Medical Director of The Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine in New York.
- Health World Online ~ a virtual health village with the information, services and products to help design a wellness-based lifestyle. Meet many of the leaders in natural health, wellness, self-care and alternative medicine, the health care of the future--Integrative Health--blending the best of conventional and alternative/ complementary medicine.
- Save Organic ~ concerning the fight to make federal organic standards proper and not diluted
- Pure Food The Campaign for Food Safety is dedicated to building a healthy, safe, and sustainable system of food production and consumption. Global clearinghouse for information and grassroots technical assistance.
- Patch Adams and the Gesundheit! Institute ~ Since 1971, Dr. Adams and his colleagues at the Gesundheit! Institute have operated a home-based family medical practice and managed to treat over 15,000 people without payment, malpractice insurance, or formal facilities. Read The 'Wellness' show excerpt with Patch Adams, or read Patch's essay How to Be an Ideal Patient
- Arthritis Foundation
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Eating to Ease Arthritis ~ Good nutrition can be a powerful medicine for easing the aches and pains of arthritis. Here are foods that help
- and those that harm.
- Arthritis and Rheumatism Alternatives ~ large list of resources and links.